Sunday, April 1, 2012

Sunday Mornings Are My Favorite

Sunday mornings may be my favorite time of the week. They typically involve sleeping in, snuggling with my fiancee and our critters (we have a cat, Juliet, and a dog, Samson, both of which I'm sure I'll talk about and post pictures about in the near future), a delicious brunch, and then meal planning and grocery shopping later.  This morning we slept in until about 10:45am and then Kristi had to call work to see if she was needed for her "on-call" shift, but since she wasn't, we stayed in bed for awhile.  I eventually got up to make brunch (only calling it that because it was noon by the time I was cooking).

Today's brunch consisted of using an awesome product that Heidi bought a few months ago.  I have linked it below because I think you should try it, if you like peanut butter, and you're watching what you eat.  PB2 Powdered Peanut Butter has a great consistency when mixed right (not hard to do at all), tastes just like peanut butter, and is only 45 calories a serving (2TBSP of powder and 1TBSP of water is a serving).  This means only 1 point for a serving, unlike regular peanut butter which can be very high in points!

PB2 Powdered Peanut Butter














Brunch Menu (per person), 8 Weight Watchers Points


Fiber One english muffin toasted with a serving of the above PB2 (4pts total)
A whole banana sliced into pieces and put on top of the PB2
Half of an apple
Half of a plum
Nonfat strawberry banana yogurt (2pts)
One Garden Vegetable Chicken Sausage (Thin n' Trim) (2pts, but if you have 2 it's only 3pts)
Coffee with 2 Truvia packets (0pts)

So, a nice hearty meal for brunch, that was very low in points. I have 55 points a day, so really by this time I should have had more points, but Wrestlemania is tonight and with that comes snacking! Heidi will be getting the PPV of Wrestlemania tonight and we will all sit around cheering on guys in spandex costumes as they beat each other up...it's a good time! :) A few friends of ours are coming over for their yearly watching tradition with Heidi, which works because it's all people we're friends with too!

We're very lucky that Heidi, and her boyfriend, like to cook...the menu tonight looks fantastic, and it's all healthy versions of awesome food! I'm going to be making a turkey sausage dip that I stole from my good friend, and Bridesmaid, Casie when she made it for our "Ladies Night" potluck a few months ago.  It's very easy to make, only has a few ingredients, and is pretty healthy!

I'm off to go plan meals for the week, do a little grocery shopping, and then it's time for Wrestlemania!

Have a great day everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment