Sunday, April 22, 2012

Not Exactly What I Wanted to Happen...

So, yesterday's weigh-in didn't quite go as planned. I was hoping for a pretty good weight-loss because I really had a great week in terms of food choices, and I did a lot of walking through the week, for a total of just over 10 miles.  Ten miles may not be much to some, but it's 10 more miles than I've walked in a long time.  I know that sometimes boosting exercise can affect weight-loss but I didn't think it would do anything since I wasn't lifting weights or anything.  Also, it was pointed out to me that I actually may be drinking too much water.  We're supposed to drink 6-8 8oz glasses of non-alcoholic liquid a day.  I typically drink minimally 12 glasses. So I'm going to try to lower my water intake a bit.  It's hard because some people say you should drink 6-8 glasses, some say you're supposed to drink as much as possible, some say 1/2 your body weight in ounces.  I'm going to stick to about 8 glasses and see how that goes.

So, anyway, as you can see from the ticker at the top of the blog, I actually gained last week.  I was hoping for a 2lb loss, and instead I gained 0.6 pounds. I'm aware that in the long run 0.6lbs is not a lot of weight, but it is frustrating and disappointing, but I am not going to let it discourage me, and instead I'm going to focus even more, and work even harder. I will beat that scale.  Whether it's this coming week, or a few weeks down the road, I can see my 5% in the near future.  While my 5% is now 5.6lbs away, instead of 5, it's not that far away!

Here's to a new week, a fresh start, scale victories. non-scale victories, and focus on health! This week I will walk minimally 3 times, planned walks on M/W/F, and hopefully 2 additional days too, depending on weather.

Have a great week, and enjoy the rain we're getting here in the north of Boston and Southern, NH area...we need it!

Here are a few pictures I found online to keep us all motivated and determined, no matter what our level of ability is, what our weight is, what our goals are...we can all do this!



2 comments:

  1. I'll bet you see what you're looking for at next weeks weigh in. Your body isn't used to that type of activity so it might be saving reserves and or in repair mode (your muscles were used more/differently than usual so your body is recovering. Good luck, I bet you'll see a good loss next week! And either way, DUDE you walked 10 miles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, by the way this is Crys =)

    ReplyDelete