Saturday, April 7, 2012

First 10 Pound Goal?? ACHIEVED!



I DID IT!!

11 Pounds lost since 3/10/12

I "only" lost 1.4 this week, which isn't exactly a lot, however I passed my first 10 pounds and I'm only 7 pounds away from my first 5% goal!  I'm torn between being a little sad I didn't lose more this week to feeling very good about what I've done in the last 4 weeks.  Mostly I'm proud of myself for sticking with this for about a month already and for the fact that I'm cooking great meals, eating all of my fruits and vegetables, and losing weight consistently. I'm also down another point for my daily points, so I am at 54 now, instead of the 56 I started at.  I got another 5lb sticker at the meeting this morning too! 

So, up next is my 5% goal, which is 18 pounds, or another 7 pounds.  I would like to do this within the month of April, but as long as I'm losing consistently I'm happy.  I did say that I'd reward myself with a manicure when I lost 10lbs, so sometime this week I'm going to do that for myself, and if anyone would like to join me, let me know! :) It's important to reward our accomplishments! I updated the ticker at the top of my blog to show my current weight loss.

Special shout-out today to my fiancee, Kristi, who had a fantastic weight-loss this week and I'm so proud of her!! I love you!  

Very proud of my wedding party too, they're all doing so well with Weight Watchers and other aspects of being healthy.  Without their support and friendship, I know this would be much more difficult, as it would without everyone else's support, friendship, and love too!!   So I guess I should shout-out to everyone today...thank you for helping me reach my first 10 pounds...here's to the next 7 so I can hit my 5% goal!! :) 

Headed to Anita's parent's house tonight for Passover with her family, and some friends.  I haven't been in a few years, but I know it'll be a fun night.  Tomorrow I'm off to Newburyport with Kristi to pick up my Grandmother and then head to my Dad's house for Easter Brunch.  I asked to bring a salad, so I know there is something very healthy on the menu. I'm making a delicious brunch-like salad with a variety of lettuce, fresh cut up strawberries, mandarin oranges, pecans, and a few different dressing choices.  It'll be light, healthy and delicious! 

Before I go, I wanted to share some meals I made yesterday and today, I like taking pictures, and I like cooking...so combining them and sharing is fun!  I'm not going to post points etc today, I'm just more interested in sharing pictures! 

For lunch yesterday I made leftover turkey taco salad, with refried beans and blue corn baked tortilla chips.  So good. 


For a snack yesterday evening, since dinner wasn't until 10:30pm, I had crackers with light cheese spread (only 1 pt for all of that!), dried edamame beans (so high in fiber and protein), and the other serving of the Kale and Bacon and Cannellini recipe. Very high protein and fiber snack!


For dinner last night I wanted to do something light, since I had the weigh-in this morning.  I made a very bright summery salad with marinated shrimp, fat-free feta salad, about a 1/3 serving of sliced almonds and lots of veggies.  I used lettuce, cherry tomatoes, red and orange peppers, cucumbers, carrots, and I tried radishes (I don't like them but Kristi does so she's going to be eating them all). Very good salad! 


 After the meeting this morning I was very hungry so I made a nice filling meal, since I probably won't eat until Passover tonight at 6pm.  I had some fresh fruit, a slice of bacon that was left over from cooking the other day, fat free cottage cheese with mixed fruit, and a bagel with garlic & herb cheese spread with 2 oz of sliced roast beef.  Filling and delicious!!


Well, that's all I've got going on for now...hope you enjoyed reading!! Have a great weekend. 

1 comment:

  1. Only lost 1.4??? That's 6 sticks of butter and that's pretty respectable. Even if you lost 1.4 pounds every week, you would be 72.8 pounds lighter at the end of a year.

    ReplyDelete