Saturday, March 31, 2012

Not Quite...

Well, my goal of at least 2lbs didn't quite work out this week. I lost 1.6 pounds, which I know is still a pretty good loss after 2 weeks of big numbers, but I would be lying if I said I wasn't a little upset.  I know I can do this and I know that I'll likely reach my first 10lb mark next week, but I really wanted to hit it today.  Oh well, the manicure I was going to treat myself to will have to wait a week. That's something else exciting - I've gone since 2/20/12 without biting my nails - something else I've struggled with my whole life! On my BFF's birthday we went to get manicures (2/20) and it's sort of embarrassing paying someone to manicure nails that are bitten so far down they cannot even file them. So, I decided to stop biting them. And I did. Yay me! Next week they'll get pampered as long as I lose at least 0.4lbs which I cannot imagine not doing.


So, after the meeting, my MOH (Maid of Honor) and I went to grab something to eat at Denny's because it's right down the street from our meeting location.  I wasn't really in the mood for breakfast, and since it was after 11am, I thought it was late enough to have lunch.  I decided on the Hickory Grilled Chicken Sandwich.  I thought this was a decent choice as it was grilled chicken, tomato, lettuce, a slice of american cheese, and a sweet hickory spread. Boy was I wrong. I got home and went to update my tracker...I looked up Denny's nutrition information and was shocked to see this sandwich is 24 points!!!!!! I thought it was going to be about 15 or so.  It's only 2 less points than a bacon cheeseburger! Ugh. Sometimes I guess you just don't know.  Oh well. Fortunately I'd only used 3 points on a granola bar for breakfast, and I can do a big salad with dinner to make up some calories and points.  I have 55 daily points so 24 isn't too bad, but I just didn't expect it. Ouch. Fortunately for me, and my love of bad Denny's food, our meeting location is changing next week to South Nashua, and there are different options to eat there...



Now I'm home relaxing for the day with Kristi, and trying to convince myself that a 1.6 pound loss is still a solid step in the right direction. I know it is, but I think setting myself up for hitting 10lbs was a bad idea because now I feel like I failed.  Oh well, this next week will be a good one. Less eating out, more meal planning, more fresh veggies, less salty snacks, and more weight loss. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment